McElhinneys are delighted to be reopening its doors on Monday the 17th of May at 9:30 am, after closing its doors on New Years’ Day at the beginning of 2021.
Throughout the stores’ closure during 2021, the team in McElhinneys have been working hard behind the scenes to bring you lots of new designer brands, and thousands of new collections for their reopening.
Get ready to explore and enjoy a fashion awakening, with the largest selection of Spring/Summer collections, including Mother of the Bride/Groom occasion wear for all those special occasions you are looking forward to.
With new arrivals across each department every day, you will enjoy exploring the fashion, footwear, homeware, beauty, jewellery and more. The store is merchandised with lots of space for you to shop comfortably during your next visit.
Alongside lots of exciting new launches, McElhinneys are also excited to announce a host of new services available in-store & Online with an exciting refurbishment in-store for you to explore during your next visit.
- Personal Beauty Stylist – Discuss your beauty and skincare needs with your personal beauty stylist, Natasha. Natasha is available for virtual appointments and 1-to-1 socially distant consultations in-store. Make an appointment over the phone or in our Beauty Hall.
- Personal Shopping Room – Enjoy a relaxed and private shopping experience with our new Personal Shopping room in our women’s Department on the 2nd Whether you are looking for an outfit for a special occasion, or a capsule collection for work, our expert stylists are on hand to help. This private experience is also perfect for vulnerable customers, or those who may be nervous about shopping again.
- Click & Collect – See something you like online? Why not reserve your purchase online and collect at your leisure with our Click & Collect service. Collect your online purchase at our dedicated area at the rear of the store for social distance restrictions, accessible by car opposite Aldi, or by foot from Main Street.
- Men’s Personal Shopping – If it is time to update your wardrobe then why not enjoy the expert advice of our Menswear Team who will have you looking dapper for any occasion, or to update your everyday wardrobe.
- Lingerie Fitting – Our dedicated expert bra fitters are on hand to help you find your perfect fit. With over 40 years’ experience, our fitters are trained to fit by eye in a no touch environment.
- Prosthesis Fitting – Our Lingerie team are trained and certified by Trulife for post-surgery mastectomy fitting and are on hand to help with any questions you have about the services available in our Lingerie Department.
- Communion Appointments – Discover a world of beautiful First Holy Communion dresses for your special little princess. Book your appointment with our expert kids’ team today.
- Suit Hire – With events back in motion for the year ahead, our Men’s Suit Hire is busier than ever, so we would recommend booking your appointment to avoid disappointment.
- Personalisation – For that personal touch, enquire about your personalisation options in our Luxury Hall for the loved one you have not seen in a long time.
- Expert Interior Advice – Is it time to refresh your home? Visit our homeware department for the latest arrivals and expert interior advice from our dedicated team.
- Kids Footwear Fitting – Each little step is so important for kids, which is why the correct footwear is vital for growing feet. Call to visit our expert kids’ footwear team today.
- McElhinneys Bridal Rooms – Our award-winning Bridal Rooms have now reopened, and with demand for appointments we urge you to book your fittings and alterations as soon as possible.
Following a phenomenal 50th Birthday Bash celebration at the beginning of May, McElhinneys are excited for the year ahead, with lots more planned for their 50th anniversary throughout 2021. McElhinneys wish to thank its customers for its continued support over the past 5 decades, particularly during the past year through closures and re-openings.
McElhinneys is open Monday – Saturday 9:30 – 6 pm and available online at www.mcelhinneys.com
McElhinneys is a uniquely independent, award-winning fashion retail business with a footprint of over 100,000 sq. ft. in Ballybofey, Co Donegal, and a comparable online offering online. McElhinneys is a family-run department store, an icon of Ballybofey and the heart of a local community.
The story begins in 1968 when John McElhinney - the founder and owner of McElhinneys Department Store - decided to bring a new shopping experience to the people of the North West of Ireland. The store was established in 1971, and now, 50 years later McElhinneys Department Store spans over 100,000sq ft.
The pride of McElhinneys is the fact that they are completely independent and source all their own product. Utilising the skills and experience of the team of experienced buyers, every item in-store and online is handpicked with customers’ needs and desires in mind. The store holds a unique mix of international, national, and local designer brands, from 1500+ suppliers.
Until next time,
- Niamh x