Pancake Tuesday is fast approaching on February 13th, (arguably one of the best days of the year), so we thought we'd bring you everything you need to celebrate the day the right way.
First of all, you're going to need a recipe so we've trialed (and taste-tested) many so we could bring you the easiest and best recipe we could find!
- Sieve 125g flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg. Beat well, gradually pouring in 300ml milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also.
- Add you favourite toppings and enjoy!
Next, we have some must-have items to take your pancake-making experience to the next level...
1. Stellar Rocktanium 26cm Non-Stick Frying Pan
How could we not include the perfect pan for pancakes?
Investing in a non-stick pan is essential and we've picked out a great value pan that is sure to last.
This one from Stellar will make sure your pancakes come out flawless and delicious every time.
2. Kitchen Craft Five Piece Measuring Set
No weight scales are needed with this five piece measuring set from Kitchen Craft.
Get measuring out your liquids, and add carefully measured scoopfuls of all the other tasty ingredients you need for fluffy and delicious pancakes with ease.
3. Judge Twin Blade Mixer
Another essential for your kitchen is a stand mixer - it makes baking quicker and easier!
This one from Judge is a twin blade mixer with five speed options and is completely detachable for easy cleaning.
4. Stellar Chefs apron
Keep your clothes clean and unleash your inner masterchef dreams with this apron from Stellar.
With an adjustable neckline and large double pocket, it's convenient and practical.
We hope this little guide helped you in preparing for Pancake Tuesday and we definitely cannot wait to celebrate!
You can check out more cooking essentials in our kitchenware collection or visit our homeware department in-store where our team will be happy to help you find the perfect kitchen accessories to suit your needs.
Until next time,